I don’t personally have a problem with social media. I think it’s a wonderful invention and helps to bring people together from all over the world and form connections that ordinarily might not have been possible.
I know that people from earlier generations thunk that mobile phones, the internet etc have ruined families and actual physical interaction but I believe they thought that of television too…
I still enjoy being outdoors, I love the countryside and I love spending time with my family.
Social media is just another way for us to progress and connect.
There are, however, some reasons why social media isn’t that great.
- The ability to share things instantly might seem like a great idea at the time but as soon as it’s out there, it’s out there forever!
- Social media makes it easier for people to spread fake news. It’s pathetic how people think it’s funny or entertaining to spread malicious rumours and use gullible people to spread hatred.
- It makes people needy and insecure. They need to get followers, likes and shares. It’s just not healthy.
- It wastes time. How much time do you spend scrolling through Facebook? Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest?! Why?
- It can show you things that really don’t want to see. The other side of a persons personality that usually would have been hidden, the side that nobody needs to see. Or pictures of dead animals…yes we are aware of animal cruelty, I don’t need to see it in my news-feed thank you very much.
There is a simple solution for the last one, just un-follow those people, they don’t have to know 😉
Don’t ever let anyone make you think you’re not good enough.
Follow your dreams right now! Don’t wait until tomorrow,
next week, next year. Stop planning, start doing 🙂
Be happy and keep smiling 😀