I am sure there thousands of things that I’ve learnt, actually, I am 100% certain that I have learnt millions of things! But here’s a very important list of things that I’ve taken on board in my 30’s and they tend to be things I wish I’d known, or believed, in my 20s!
1. No matter what you do someone will disagree with you or be unhappy with your decision. You can’t please everyone and you will tire yourself out and waste your time trying to. So, do what is right for you and what makes you happy. You’re not responsible for other people’s happiness.
2. You are most definitely not as fat as you think you are! I was looking at some old photographs a few weeks ago from the early 2000’s, when I was in my twenties, and I was not at all fat! But I always thought I was, so much time wasted on worrying about not looking “perfect”. My self esteem, body-wise, still isn’t great but I’m a lot happier in my skin now than I was back then. Also, if you’re happy with how you look, then f**k everyone else.
3. It’s completely acceptable to remove toxic people from your life. Even if those people are members of your family. Yes, this might be difficult but it’s not impossible. If removing them completely isn’t feasible then at least limit the time you spend with them.
4. Do not ever apologise for being successful! And do not ever try to play down your successes! If people around you aren’t succeeding in the way they want, that’s not your fault. Obviously don’t be a braggy little bitch but don’t ever feel you can’t share your achievements. You deserve to be celebrated!
5.Stop apologising in general. We say sorry so much for no reason! The other day at the chemist somebody went the wrong way around the one-way system and walked straight into me! Like full on in my dance space. And I apologised to her! For HER walking into ME! Just stop it right now. Stop.
6. Just be yourself. No excuses. No apologies. Just be your weird, quirky self ❤
‘If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humour’Jennifer Jones, Actress.
If you like what you see, then please feel free to find me at any of the other places mentioned below! I post vlogs every Friday on YouTube and Facebook, mainly me just chatting s**t, reciting my poetry, and talking about stuff. At the moment I am documenting my #40thingsbefore40 so there’s that too! I post singing videos every Saturday on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. And I have a new blog every Monday. So, there’s something for everyone! Thanks for stopping by ❤
https://www.youtube.com/c/KateHames – Subscribe
https://twitter.com/Mowgli_Gurl – Tweet me
https://www.facebook.com/mowgligurl/ – Follow me
https://www.instagram.com/madeahamesoutofit/ – Follow me
www.mowglization.com – Read my stuff
https://mowglization.picfair.com – Buy my stuff
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/katehames– Buy me a coffee!
https://amzn.to/3eqDSJy – My books